POETIC is seeking a bilingual clinical case manager with experience working with youth who have experienced complex trauma. We are seeking a champion for our youth and families. The ideal candidate will have experience assessing individual and familial needs within a strength-based and diversity-affirming lens. We are seeking an individual with an entrepreneurial mindset, ability to develop strong community relationships, and ability to bridge the gap of access our girls often face. Additionally, the candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 Core Values and possess a passion for professional growth.
The Candidate will:
- Be proficient in both English and Spanish as this position requires speaking, reading, and writing in both languages.
- Have an understanding of how trauma (including racial trauma) impacts child development, ego development and family functioning.
- Meet with POETIC youth, guardian and family member where they are and assist them in accessing resources.
- Be creative, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and willing to identify and break down barriers our youth and families face.
- Have a strong understanding of the juvenile justice and child protective services system, or have a strong eagerness to learn.
- Be available to every youth and family member 24/7 to problem solve and access the right support.
- Be proficient in communicating via social media.
- Participate in the development of our clinical case management program and contribute to our body of research.
POETIC Core Values:
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective, yet agile enough to respond to change.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equity, we are not color-blind and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others within a lens of compassion believing we are all doing the best we can – striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency and humility.
Self-Awareness: We are committed to the assessment of our personal strengths and areas of growth. With humility and openness to learning, we will actively pursue opportunities and conversations that challenge us.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask and offer help.
Amenable to Supervision and Professional Curiosity: With humility and an openness to learning, take the initiative to grow in your role and your profession.
There is no minimum education requirement for this role. We are most interested in passion, experience and fit.
This position is a FT position.
There is no minimum education for this position. If you feel that your experience aligns with this position, please email a cover letter and c.v. to email@example.com.
Due to the high level of interest, we are not able to respond to emails/calls regarding this position.