Position: Art Therapy Intern (Full or Part Time, Unpaid Position)
Program: Creative Arts Therapy Studio
Description: We provide creative art therapy modalities to our girls to build a sense of self-identify, self-love, and self-efficacy.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with a team of psychologists, therapist, case workers, school dean and teachers
- Review previous records provided by referring agency and the assessment completed by POETIC therapist regarding emotional, psychological and academic functioning
- Develop individualized art therapy treatment goals
- Participate in case consultations, team meetings and partner meetings as defined
- Provide feedback on girl’s progress with clinical and educational team
- Conduct art therapy assessments
- Assist in research projects occurring at POETIC demonstrating evidence-based interventions
- Assist in collecting outcome data:
- Coordinate with the therapist and case worker to ensure continuity of care.
- Other duties as assigned.
Character Requirements: creative, energetic, innovative, self-aware, motivated, compassionate, flexible, team-oriented, professional, and takes initiative.
The perfect candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 core values, be creative, take initiative, and understand how complex trauma can impact learning and attachment.
POETIC 11 Core Values:
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective and agile enough to respond.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equality, we are not color-blind, and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others through a lens of compassion knowing we are all doing the best we can and striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency with humility.
Self-Awareness: Be clear and honest, yet sensitive and supportive. We can all pursue improvement if we are constructively apprised of our strengths and shortcomings.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask for help and support, offer help and support, POETIC success is determined by how well the other does in their role.
Amenable to Supervision: Being fully aware that learning opportunities leads to growth and therefore being willing to grow
Job Type: Unpaid Internship.
Minimum Education: Master’s in art therapy. Supervision with an ATR-BC provided
To apply, please email your cover letter and c.v. to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.iampoetic.org.