Description: At POETIC Leadership Academy, we offer an individualized education plan that is customized to the needs and strengths of our students.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with a team of psychologists, therapist, case workers, school dean and teachers
- Review previous records provided by referring agency and the assessment completed by POETIC therapist regarding emotional, psychological and academic functioning
- Collect previous school records to compile and accurate documentation of credits completed to date
- Develop custom education plans that accounts current credits and courses required
- With feedback from the Educational Director, and based on the girls expressed interest, career aspirations, parental advisement, cognitive and achievement capacity, assign girl on either an Occupational or College Track
- Deliver curriculum for the subjects of English, Science, Social Studies and Math
- Provide regular feedback to students and parents through quarterly report cards and parent/teacher conferences
- Assist with defining and delivering electives that are creative and experiential
- Participate in case consultations, team meetings and partner meetings as defined
- Be responsible collecting outcome data: Attendance, Number of girls enrolled in Occupation or College Track, Other variables as identified by psychologist and researcher
- Communicate with psychologist and researchers on barriers that keep POETIC girls from reaching their academic goals
- Coordinate with the therapist and case worker to ensure continuity of care
- Other duties as assigned.
Character Requirements: creative, energetic, innovative, self-aware, motivated, compassionate, flexible, team-oriented, professional, and takes initiative.
The perfect candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 core values:
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective and agile enough to respond.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equality, we are not color-blind, and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others through a lens of compassion knowing we are all doing the best we can and striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency with humility.
Self-Awareness: Be clear and honest, yet sensitive and supportive. We can all pursue improvement if we are constructively apprised of our strengths and shortcomings.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask for help and support, offer help and support, POETIC success is determined by how well the other does in their role.
Amenable to Supervision: Being fully aware that learning opportunities leads to growth and therefore being willing to grow
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Education: Bachelors. Special Education Experience preferred.
Required License: Current Texas Teaching Certification.
To apply, please email your cover letter and c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.iampoetic.org.