POETIC is an in-community aftercare program for the empowerment of youth in Dallas. We equip youth (ages 12-18+) who have experienced child maltreatment, commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking to find their voices, reclaim their narratives and persist forward. POETIC’s programming combats the issues that perpetuate re-victimization, exploitation and trafficking of girls in Dallas by delivering a proprietary four-systems approach: POETIC School for Girls, POETIC Creative Arts Studio, POETIC Trauma Therapy and POETIC Design Co.
POETIC is seeking a licensed therapist (E.g. LPC, LCSW, Ph.D. Psy.D) who has experience working with adolescents exposed to trauma, is extensively trained and/or certified in evidence-based treatment for trauma as well as other evidence-based modalities (E.g. DBT, MI).
- Perform clinical intakes with youth and guardian.
- Daily assess risks such as: substance use, runaway, exploitation, trafficking, child maltreatment, and intimate partner violence. Relay these risks to supervisor and treatment team. Report these risks to guardian when advised.
- Carry a caseload of youth and parents offering evidence-based individual, group, parent and family therapy.
- Conduct therapeutic evidence-based groups on a weekly basis
- Be trained and provide DBT coaching calls to youth on your caseload
- Meet with youth at detention, in placement, at CPS offices, court, and/or in the community to provide support, conduct assessments and/or therapy.
- Participate in individual supervision, case consultations, team meetings and partner meetings as defined
- Aid in collecting and organizing program and treatment outcome data
- Be available to POETIC youth and parents 24/7 via text, email, or phone
- Be interested in learning and contributing to literature on CSEC/DMST
- Other duties as assigned
Character Requirements: ethical, competent, takes initiative, exhibits follow through, team-oriented, professional, passionate about POETIC’s mission.
The perfect candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 core values:
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective and agile enough to respond.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equality, we are not color-blind, and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others through a lens of compassion knowing we are all doing the best we can and striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency with humility.
Self-Awareness: Be clear and honest, yet sensitive and supportive. We can all pursue improvement if we are constructively apprised of our strengths and shortcomings.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask for help and support, offer help and support, POETIC success is determined by how well the other does in their role.
Amenable to Supervision: Being fully aware that learning opportunities leads to growth and therefore being willing to grow
Minimum Education: Masters or Doctorate Degree
Minimum Experience: Must be licensed in Texas. Will consider Ph.D/Psy.D. provisional license.
Please email cover letter and c.v. to Opportunities@iampoetic.org