Email Cover Letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Clinical Director
Description: POETIC is seeking a licensed clinical psychologist/mental health clinician with extensive experience working with youth who have been commercial sexual exploited and/or sex trafficked and involved with juvenile justice and/or child protection services. The ideal candidate will have a command of evidence-based interventions such as Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Prolonged Exposure, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral therapy and Motivational Interviewing. Additionally, the candidate will have a long history of supervising mental health professionals utilizing a developmental model. Further, the candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 Core Values, be entrepreneurial, passionate, have a history of building clinical programs for CSEC/DMST population, is highly organized and results oriented.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Lead the clinical and educational team on a principle-based model founded in POETIC’s 11 Core Values.
- Ensure ethical standards are upheld with fidelity.
- Supervise the clinical and education department by providing support and guiding best-practice.
- Responsible for managing our program outcome research which includes battery of tests implemented for pre/posttest of youth and program. Develop outcome protocol for new and growing programs.
- Ability to assess clinical and educational needs of the team and provide best practice training.
- Lead our multi-disciplinary team meetings (therapists, case managers, educators and community partners) to ensure accurate assessment of needs, risks and strength for each youth served, progression of shard goals and progress in treatment.
- Other duties assigned by CEO.
Character Requirements: Ethical, Competent, Self-starter, Organized, Exhibits follow through, Team-oriented, Professional, Passionate about POETIC’s mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Education: Masters, Doctorate preferred.
Minimum Experience: At least five year post-licensed experienced in psychology or related mental health.
POETIC 11 Core Values
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective and agile enough to respond.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equality, we are not color-blind, and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others through a lens of compassion knowing we are all doing the best we can and striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency with humility.
Self-Awareness: Be clear and honest, yet sensitive and supportive. We can all pursue improvement if we are constructively apprised of our strengths and shortcomings.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask for help and support, offer help and support, POETIC success is determined by how well the other does in their role.
Amenable to Supervision: Being fully aware that learning opportunities leads to growth and therefore being willing to grow
To apply: Email cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com. Please no emails or phone calls – if your application fits our needs, a POETIC staff member will reach out. Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.