Position: Development Director
Description: POETIC is seeking an individual who is passionate about sharing the story of POETIC and our mission to end the cycle of re-victimization for youth in Dallas. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and deeply satisfied by their work to develop, cultivate, and maintain collaborative and strategic relationships with granting organizations, foundations, corporate sponsors, individual donors and community supporters.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Develop, assess, advise, monitor, and report regularly on the progress of the strategic development plan and associated annual development calendar
- Advise and plan major fundraising campaigns and sustainability strategies
- Assist in the creation and marketing of a variety of channels including direct response, grants, and digital correspondence
- Ongoing database development and donor acquisition. Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files, manage campaign record-keeping, evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to the Board. Recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals
- Regularly identify and cultivate prospective donors and directly solicit for support; ensure high levels of donor satisfaction through timely responses and deeper engagement programs
- Organize and lead regular meetings with donors and prospective donors
- Work closely with the CEO in our grant writing efforts: maintain records, prepare summary reports, be responsible for reporting outcome measures in grant reporting and manage grant implementation as necessary
- Work with POETIC staff and interns in building our social media strategy, develop content, and elevates our point of difference via verbal and visual form without exploiting the youth we serve
Character Requirements: self-starter, goal driven, organized, exhibits follow through, creative, team-oriented, professional, passionate about POETIC’s mission.
The perfect candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 core values:
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective, yet agile enough to respond to change.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equity; we are not color-blind, and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others within a lens of compassion believing we are all doing the best we can – striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency and humility.
Self-Awareness: We are committed to the assessment of our personal strengths and areas of growth. With humility and openness to learning, we will actively pursue opportunities and conversations that challenge us.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask and offer help.
Amenable to Supervision and Professional Curiosity: With humility and an openness to learning, take the initiative to grow in your role and your profession.
Minimum Education: There is no minimum education requirement.
Minimum Experience: At least three years experience in development, communications, marketing or related field.
If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and c.v. to email@example.com. Due to the volume of interest, we are not able to respond to calls or emails regarding this position.
To apply for this job please visit iampoetic.org.