Position: Development Director/Manager
Description: POETIC is seeking an individual experienced inbuilding and maintaining key relationships focused on helping to sustain the organization. The prime candidate is a leader and can provide guidance in the domain of fundraising. They are entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and deeply satisfied by their work to develop, cultivate, and maintain collaborative and strategic relationships with granting organizations, foundations, corporate sponsors, individual donors and community supporters.
POETIC is looking for someone who has a vision for putting a comprehensive development program into place and can take the lead in a capital campaign that would move the non-profit into its next phase of growth, stability, and maturity.
Duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Advise and plan major fundraising campaigns and sustainability strategies
- Assess, advise, monitor, and report regularly on the progress of the strategic development plan and associated annual development calendar
- Assist in the creation and marketing of a variety of channels including direct response, grants, and digital correspondence
- Ongoing database development and donor acquisition. Ensure that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in electronic and hard copy files, manage campaign record-keeping, evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising and present to the Board. Recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals
- Regularly identify and cultivate prospective donors and directly solicit for support; ensure high levels of donor satisfaction through timely responses and deeper engagement programs
- Organize and lead regular meetings with donors and prospective donors
- Share research and best practices on prospective donors; coach CEO and Board in cultivation and solicitation of best practices
- Develop and implement a more comprehensive stewardship program through regular giving campaigns
- Oversee the annual grant schedule and work with CEO: research and write grants to broaden our opportunities as grant recipients; maintain records, prepare summary reports, be responsible for reporting outcome measures in grant reporting and manage grant implementation as necessary
- Manage all related special events
- Develop and oversee the creation and production of all materials used to support POETIC campaigns
- Serve as staff liaison to board conversations on development and fundraising, prepare and distribute meeting materials and other correspondence as needed.
- Manage and execute fundraising for POETIC building project and comprehensive campaign
- Assign caseload and prospect list to CEO as necessary
Character Requirements: self-starter, goal driven, organized, exhibits follow through, team-oriented, professional, passionate about POETIC’s mission.
The perfect candidate will embody POETIC’s 11 core values:
Trauma-focused: We all have a history of boundaries being crossed without our permission or understanding. We are not our past but are deliberate and mindful of our present and future.
Youth First: We strive to always act for the greater good of POETIC girls, not our self-interest.
Evidence-Based: We are rooted and guided in what is effective and agile enough to respond.
Social Justice and Culturally Responsive: We believe in equality, we are not color-blind, and we challenge the assumption of sameness.
Non-Judgmental: Daily, we practice a non-judgmental stance to ourselves and others. We strive to view ourselves and others through a lens of compassion knowing we are all doing the best we can and striving for a little better each day.
Honesty and Integrity: We extend truth, even despite the consequences, as we value transparency with humility.
Self-Awareness: Be clear and honest, yet sensitive and supportive. We can all pursue improvement if we are constructively apprised of our strengths and shortcomings.
Balance: Valuable output is the greatest measure, not hours put in. Anyone can keep busy, but that does not equate to productivity.
Assume Good Intent: Extend grace and understanding to fellow POETIC team members rather than allowing assumptions to drive reaction and behavior.
Teamwork: We are stronger together – ask for help and support, offer help and support, POETIC success is determined by how well the other does in their role.
Amenable to Supervision: Being fully aware that learning opportunities leads to growth and therefore being willing to grow
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Experience: At least three years experience in communications, marketing or related field.
Please send cover letter and c.v. to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit iampoetic.org.