A safe place for Dallas’ vulnerable girls: new agency helps human trafficking victims
Volunteer For POETIC
If you are a match with one of the skills below and want to learn more about joining our volunteer team, we would love to hear from you!
● Food Assistant: Sign up to pick-up critical food donations and deliver to Thanksgiving Tower (a drop location blocks from POETIC). Also could assist with grocery shopping, cleaning and stocking kitchen, preparing any of the three daily meals. Daytime, evening, and weekend opportunities.
● Office Assistant: Dedicate set hours each week to assisting with office coordination to include administrative support. Daytime opportunity. Assumes commitment of 4-8 hours per week.
● Teacher’s Assistant: Assist our teacher in helping students complete their specific coursework. Ability to tutor in various subjects at the junior high and high school level. Interest in teaching specific skills class (ex. nutrition, cosmetology, etc.). Daytime opportunity.
● Graphic Design/Social Media/PR: Use your creative skills to support POETIC marketing materials and social media content. This volunteer opportunity is done offsite. Flexible hours. Engagement with staff only.
● Salesforce Guru: Help staff fully utilize and troubleshoot our CRM software, Salesforce, to be most effective for POETIC.
● Photographer: Donate your photography skills to help capture images for POETIC’s photo library. Flexible hours. Daytime and evening opportunities.
● Fitness Professional: Seeking certified fitness professionals to lead classes for POETIC girls. Classes will happen on-site at POETIC. Background check required.
● CPA: Donate your time to assist with POETIC's accounting needs. The request is to take a working role owning execution of monthly accounting tasks. Flexible hours. Work can be completed offsite.
● Cleaning Crew: Sign up to help maintain a warm and welcoming environment for POETIC girls by donating time on Friday to clean and aid in ongoing organization at POETIC. Engagement with staff only.
●Cleaning Crew: Sign up to help maintain a warm and welcoming environment for POETIC girls by donating time on Friday to clean and aid in ongoing organization at POETIC. Engagement with staff only.
● Lead a Donation Drive: Rally your friends, family and network to gather much needed supplies for POETIC girls in the areas of personal care items, art supplies, school supplies, groceries, beverages, and snack food. Engagement with staff only.
● Build Welcome Bags: Support POETIC girls by creating welcome bags with essential items like toiletries and clothing for every girl we serve. POETIC staff will provide a list of recommended items. Engage a group of friends and build these fun bags for POETIC girls to enjoy.
● Retail Relationship Builder: Become an ambassador for POETIC girls and engage local retailers to donate gift cards, in-kind items and more to provide supplies critical to program delivery. Templated materials provided along with staff support.
● IT: Help POETIC staff with troubleshooting IT issues and concerns. Research potential technology donations and install new computers, programs, printers, etc. Background check required. Daytime and evening opportunities.
Thanks for your interest. We will get back to you right away.